It’s a nugget tucked away in just about every story about specific Middle Eastern terror attacks. How “successful” terror groups are using social media to recruit and “radicalize” youth. Tucked away, but salt in a wound of countries and people who have fought desperately not only for the right to exist but the right to live free. A right infringed every day by murderers.
Intelligence Analyst & Chief Executive: David Firester
David Firester is the founder and CEO of TRAC Intelligence (Threat, Reporting, and Analysis Consultants), which is a premier threat analysis firm. TRAC Intelligence provides threat assessments to the private sector.
David is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Political Science and teaches at Baruch College in New York City. He has also taught at Queens College and John Jay College of Criminal Justice. In 2016, David worked on a project for Jihad Intel, which is an organization that provides information on Islamic terrorist groups to law enforcement and the general public.
As a veteran and former Intelligence Analyst with the United States Army 3100th Strategic Intelligence Group (Defense Intelligence Agency), David has been involved at the tactical, operational and strategic levels of analysis. David has also served in the law enforcement community since 2004, and has worked for entities as diverse as the DHS-funded New Jersey Regional Operations and Intelligence Center (NJ ROIC). His work there centered on intelligence analysis and policy review.
He has a rich background in policy, international security, national security, domestic security, counter terrorism, counterinsurgency, and domestic laws related to terrorism.
David Firester's Security Forum is a free, publicly available tool, which aims to summarize complexity and provide insight into areas as diverse as security, intelligence, politics and policy.
My Recent Posts
- The Challenge of Looking Beyond The Islamic State: Trump’s Foreign Policy Inheritance
- Russian Hacking Accusations Sours Russia-US Relations
- Deep red state split over latest Trump allegations
- Technology and Terror: How Tech is involved with Modern Terrorism
- Police Threaten Boycott Over Colin Kaepernick’s Protest
- Van Susteren out at Fox
- GOP legislators fearing Hispanic blowback
- David Firester’s Critical Review of McCauley & Moskalenko’s book, Friction: How Radicalization Happens to Them and Us
- Reflecting on the Wisdom of an Intelligence Professional, by Way of a Book Review
- David Firester’s Book Review of Lieutenant General (ret.) Michael T. Flynn’s Book, The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies
- Burkini ban spikes sales
- The Advantages Of Early Involvement
- Terrorism in the West, Again
- Zika becoming a PR crisis for Brazil games
- 4 Tips for Better Security at Home